An add on kit to be used with our 6 speed n47 BMW gearbox to LT230 adapter kit.
This add-on kit will allow you to fit a standard Defender selector top to the 6 speed box.
The gear stick position will be as per the original R380. YOU USE THE STANDARD DEFENDER SELECTOR TOP AND GEAR STICK. IT’LL BE IN THE SAME POSITION AS A STANDARD DEFENDER R380 ASSUMING YOU DONT MOVE THE TRANSFER BOX MOUNT/POSITION
- Remove BMW selector quadrant from selector shaft and replace with new fork quadrant.
- Replace Land Rover selector quadrant on underside of selector top with new tear drop quadrant. Use original circlips and button pivots.
- Fit selector top support bracket to gearbox, with fold facing forward.
- Fit selector top rear bolts loosely
- Fit selector top front bolt loosely, using supplied 6mm bolts. Once all bolts are fitted tighten evenly.
- Fit difflock rod pivot bracket to underside of selector top with fold facing forward. Use existing R380 pivot and selector rod.
- Replace land rover diff lock rod to t’box ‘U’ link with new ‘U’ bolt. Adjust as required.